Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 20: BEYOND AVOIDANCE

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)

I'm sorry...I had to get up off the floor because I was laughing so hard about this post. Maybe I should commence listing the things I DID do, because that list is much, much shorter. Avoidance could be my middle name.

Here is the short list in no special order and without explanation:
  • better car maintenance
  • get rid of clutter in my life
  • buy a new bed
  • organize my bills and my invoicing system
  • work on my art journals
  • work on my Roby stories
  • stayed in better contact with Shirlee and family
  • stayed in better contact with friends
  • insert exercise into each day
  • read 30 minutes each day
  • take a class each term to finish my degree
  • take an art class each term (even if only for one day)
  • taken the trip to London for the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary (3 shows in 3 days - the O2 Concert, original show at the Queen's theatre and the new version at the Barbican or maybe the other way around) **This is my biggest regret
  • taken a trip to Sacramento to see my friends more
  • trip to NYC
  • Solitary vacation at the beach for a weekend
  • purge books
  • purge videos
  • show more love and appreciation to the people in my life
  • send Christmas card
  • actually do the work in "Creative is a Verb" 
See...the list is LONG and incomplete.  I let myself be distracted and procrastinate. I did do some good things this year, but I didn't do more. :(  I'm making plans for 2011, though. Trying to keep it attainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin