Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 9: PARTY

December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

I don't attend many social gatherings, so all the ones I do attend are usually pretty fun.  As I described in an earlier post, I love laughing and telling stories with my friends.  I have one friend who comes to town a couple of times a year and our old group gets together and regales each other with our favorite retellings of the stories.  We have one person who isn't often there and whose Thanksgiving Turkey on the airline story is one of the most requested stories. 

I have loved all the interpreter gatherings I have attended this year, as well. I love to talk about the work, about theories, tell stories (sometimes victiorious ones, sometimes stories of utter defeat - all good ones), etc.

One gathering that really surprised me was the lunch and after-retreat drinks/social when I went to my writing retreat...I am usually pretty quiet with new people and don't find it easy to make new friends in those kinds of situations.  I decided I would do my best to be in the spirit of meeting new people - women, fellow aspiring writers and even some true-biz writers. I had some success - I met another interpreter and some bloggers and had some lively conversations with them.  That is pretty big in my book - not getting shy, not closing down or feeling like I didn't have anything to offer a new person.

I guess since I'm not really feeling this prompt the way I have some of the others, I will just leave it at that.  I should post a photo or something...spice things up...Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin