Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 4: WONDER

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

I didn't intentionally cultivate a sense of wonder, but I rediscovered it as the year went on. Last year, I started the year collaging and working in art journals - something I never thought I would ever do and now I can't imagine ever NOT doing them. That process of discovery led me to find the amazing online art world. My sense of wonder has steadily increased over the course of the year to include many more arenas.

Not only have I seen incredible acts of kindness, incredible art, photography, wisdom, but I have also spent time in wonder over life. I am awed by how big it all is and at the very same time, how small it all is, how interconnected.

I have also spent time marveling at how little people really do cultivate a sense of wonder, of curiosity, of joy. When I see that, it makes me that much more determined to celebrate my own life and the gifts I have received. Sometimes the celebrations are small, sometimes big, but I know that this is what it is all about. Wonder and gratitude seem to go hand in hand for me.

I think that I will be more cognizant of wonder in 2011 now that I have this question in my mind. 

1 comment:

  1. art journals sound like an excellent way to stay connected to the present and find the beautiful in the small details of life.

    i have found a sense of wonder in the wonderful world of twitter - who knew strangers could become relied upon friends and helpers in such a short time?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin