Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 23: NEW NAME

December 23 – New Name Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)

{Future tool: Chris Guillebeau’s How to Conduct Your Own Annual Review. For the next 9 days as you round out your year, we’ll share one tool each day to help you plan your year ahead.} 

I used to think about pseudonyms when I dreamed of becoming a famous writer.  I wrote notes to my best friend in high school under the name Melanie (from "Gone with the Wind") and several other nicknames.  Roby and I talked about Spencer and Emily Eden as alternative identities.

When all is said and done, though, I would not change my name right now - even for a day. There are many things I might want to change about myself, but I am Jean. That is who I am and how I identify. I would not change that part of myself for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin