Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Transformation (Reverb 10 Day 1 - ONE WORD)

Patti Digh is going to think I'm a stalker. I'm not. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  I read her blog post today and followed her link to Reverb10.  I have been longing for a theme for a while and this theme resonated with me. Thank you again, Patti. (I'm not a stalker. I promise.)

This is a 31 Day challenge for the month of December.  Reverb10 posts a prompt for writers to reflect on 2010 and manifest in 2011 (see button on sidebar of this blog).

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?  (Author: Gwen Bell)


I chose the word "transformation" for 2010 because I feel like this year has been a year of growth - sometimes painful, sometimes difficult, sometimes joyous, sometimes against my will. My skills as an interpreter, manager and presenter have been transforming - some parts of me settling in, some parts dropping away - I feel more Jean than ever before. Transformation is not easy and it is not quick, but it is rewarding. (Frustrating, too.)  I have felt personally transformed this year as I explored creativity, reconnected with my desire to write, to explore means of expression that I had never considered and some that I never even knew existed. I have transformed in my reactions, in my expectations (some) and in my acceptance of my own idiosyncrasies.


For 2011, I choose the word "committed".  I have several goals - both personal and professional that I want to accomplish or at least work towards. They will require a high level of commitment and dedication.  I am also looking to grow and maintain my commitments to friends and family and myself. Health, friendships, family relationships all require some attention and nurturing and the commitment to make that happen. I hope that by the end of the year, I can look back with pride and feel a sense of accomplishment in these areas.


Not eloquent, but heartfelt. 



**Three posts in a day. What's up with THAT?? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean,
    I just discovered 37 days and Patti Digh. I ordered her book and signed up for her newsletter. I just finished reading her blog post, which led me straight to Reverb10. (i swear i'm not a stalker either!) :)
    i blog very sporadically. I joined a blog challenge in October and wrote about 15 days out of the month. In November, I wrote 2!
    I think this challenge is exactly what I need. I look forward to sharing in the journey with you!
    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin